Electrabrake is the world's most user-friendly sheet-metal bending machine. It is versatile, powerful and easy to use, giving you the freedom to make the complex shapes you want.
The machine is very different from ordinary folders because it clamps the work piece with a powerful electro-magnet rather than by mechanical means. There is no limit to depth of boxes and deep channels, and completely closed sections can be formed.
Compared with conventional box and pan folders, Electrabrake offers the following important advantages:
- Automatic clamping and unclamping means faster operation with less operator fatigue
- Unlimited throat depth
- Quick and accurate setting of angle stop
- Infinite length bending in stages is possible
- Accurate and continuous indication of beam angle
- Open ended design allows folding of complex shapes
- Machines can be ganged end-to-end for long bending
- Adapts easily to customised tooling (clamp bars of special cross-sections)
- Self-protecting - machine cannot be overloaded
Range of Electrabrake products
- EB0625: 1.6 mm x 625 mm (16g x 2ft)
- EB1000: 1.6 mm x 1000 mm (16g x 3ft)
- EB1250: 1.6 mm x 1250 mm (16g x 4ft)
- EB2000: 1.6 mm x 2000 mm (16g x 6ft)
- EB2500: 1.6 mm x 2500 mm (16g x 8ft)
- EB3200: 1.2 mm x 3200 mm (18g x 10ft)
The stand, backstops, full-length clampbar, a set of short clampbars, and a manual are supplied as standard with each model. The foot switch is standard with models 2000E, 2500E and 3200E.
How does it work
Using the machine is simple.
- Slip the sheet in under the clamp-bar
- press the start button to initiate clamping
- pull the handle to form the bend to the desired angle
- return the handle to automatically release the clamping force
- remove the folded sheet, or reposition for another bend
The special centreless compound hinges are distributed along the length of the bending beam allowing bending loads close to where they are generated. The combined effect of the magnetic clamping with the special centerless hinges means that Electrabrake is a very compact, space saving machine with a very high strength-to-weight ratio. Operator safety is enhanced by a two-handled electrical interlock that ensures a safe pre-clamping force is applied before full clamping occurs.
Pamodzi Unique Engineering has a well structured quality management system compliant with ISO9001:2008, and has been accredited since 1992.